Small Enterprise Program
The people behind Hong Leong Group are at core entrepreneurs and we seek to propagate this same spirit of entrepreneurship to the community. By expanding our contribution to the community through our dealings with various charities on programs designed to help the underprivileged set up their own businesses. This program was officially launched on 18 April 2008. Those who participated in this program were Persatuan Kanak-Kanak Istimewa Kajang (PKIK), United Voice, Rose Virginie Good Shepherd Centre, Nur Salam and The Silent Teddies Bakery.
Community Welfare Program
RM1 milion is alloted annually for our Community Welfare Program. The allotments are made at the discretion of our nine regional managers through cash donations to various charities regionally. Categories of beneficiaries include orphans, seniors, the sick, the disabled and special needs.
Statistics: From 1992-2011, over RM12 million have been donated to various charities nationwide.
Community Building Fund
We have from time to time helped with renovation and building funds for homes, shelters and expansion of small businesses in conjunction with our Small Enterprise Program. Recipients include:
- Agathians Shelter and the renovation of their new house
- Autorr Foundation's Building Fund for the building of a Senior citizen centre
- Expansion of bakery business facilities for the Women of the Rose Virginie Good Shepherd Centre, Ipoh
- Children’s library for Hope Worldwide in Sentul
- Tung Shen Hospital's renovation fund
- NSCMH Medical Center for their new building
- Perak Association for the Intellectually Disabled to set up the domestic science room to train the students with learning disability
- Pertubuhan Keluarga Orang-Orang Bermasalah Pembelajaran Wilayah Persekutuan dan Selangor for the construction of their new building
- The Silent Teddies Bakery to set up their bakery and cafe